This database contains divorce records and other court and probate records from the state of Tennessee from 1800 to 1965. The record types and years covered varies with each county. Below is a list detailing this information for each county included in this database.
- Anderson (Divorce Court Minutes, 1947-1951)
- Carroll (Divorce Court Files, 1826-1900; Divorce Court Indexes, 1826-1900)
- Cheatham (Marriage Bonds/Licenses, 1904-1910; Divorce Records, 1919-1950)
- Dickson (Divorce Records, 1849-1932; Court Ordered Birth Records, 1870-1945; Death Records, 1930-1939; Original Wills, 1800-1899)
- Franklin (Divorce Records, 1860-1939; Divorce Index, 1900-1942)
- Haywood (Divorce Court Docket, 1941-1965; Divorce Files, 1860-1936; Divorce Index, 1860-1936; Divorce, Probate and Other Files, 1808-1885)
- Henderson (Divorce Records, 1896-1950; Divorce Index, 1896-1950; Chancery Court Records, 1870-1915; Other Court Records, 1800-1918)
- Obion (Divorce Records, 1930-1950; Divorce and Other Court Indexes, 1823-1950)
- Tipton (Divorce Records, 1911-1950; Divorce Index, 1911-1950; Marriage Licenses, 1864-1950; Wills, 1829-1950)
- Williamson (Divorce Files, 1900-1950; Divorce, Probate, and Other Records, 1800-1899; School Censuses, 1838-1918; Miscellaneous Records (ex. Apprentice, Land Sales, Liquor Licenses, Slave Records); Birth and Death Records, 1920-1939)
Only names from the divorce records have been transcribed and can be searched on using the search template above. Images of all the records are viewable through the browse table below.
Information available in this database will vary according to record type and year. For the divorces, generally the following information will be listed:
- Spouses’ names
- Divorce county
- Divorce year