Search for content in message boards

Message board posting failures

Replies: 4

Message board posting failures

Posted: 1562752376000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1562753015000
Hi everyone, I know this isn't strictly related to FTM, but this is one of the most active boards and I'm sure it's affecting many people here. I, like many others I presume, have the same problem, which seems to have become even worse lately: clicking POST on a message pauses for a while then often returns an error. It can take 4 or more attempts before the post succeeds, though interestingly any subsequent edits to the post always seem to work first time. I think Burgess and keithnuttle for example have even taken to marking their posts to show how many attempts it took - I'm tempted to do the same!

I just wanted to say that I've sent a polite but pleading message to Ancestry (I used https://ancestry.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ukT5GaLckT4p..., but there may be better ways?) to ask them to fix this long-standing and very irritating problem, and I'd encourage everyone else who's experienced it to take a moment to do the same. The more feedback they get, the more likely it will be prioritised and fixed. My guess is it's a performance issue where the posting part times out because it doesn't get a response soon enough from a back-end server. Even if they can't fix that, just increasing the timeout to allow it to succeed would help. I'd rather have to wait a minute or more, than have to repost again and again until it works.

Thanks

[1st try - which, ironically, worked!]
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ross Baldwin 1562752376000 
BurgessDonnel... 1562761825000 
Ross Baldwin 1562762868000 
NancyMSmith 1562961063000 
Ross Baldwin 1562999343000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic