Search for content in message boards

NEIL CAMPBELL

NEIL CAMPBELL

Posted: 1225504910000
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAMPBELL
Am hoping someone has or can find information on NEIL CAMPBELL, born at Sunipol, Island of Mull on January 11, 1800. Campbell sailed from Leith Harbour on November 15, 1823 and arrived in Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land (now Tasmania, Australia) on 15th April, 1824. Campbell held a lot of land in an area named after him - Campbellfield (Victoria) and if information on his family can be found it can be added to what is already known on Neil Campbell through his time here.

TIA
Elayne

Re: NEIL CAMPBELL

Posted: 1236422027000
Not sure if you can help me. I have been trying to find info on my gg grandfather Neil Campbell born about 1811 in Londonderry. He died in Glasgow 1848. My ggg grandfather was also Neil Campbell. I have no info on him except that he married Catherine Whitelaw.
Is there a possibilty we are looking for the same Neil's?
Good luck
Kay (Melbourne AUS)

Posted: 1236427829000
Surnames: Re: NEIL CAMPBELL
Hello Kay,
No I don't think your Neil Campbell and mine are one and the same. My Neil Campbell was born on the Isle of Mull in the early 1800s and came to Australia around the 1849. He established himself in the Campbellfield area (which as you can see was named after him) of Melbourne and was the person behind Scots Church Campbellfield and a school being built on the 5 acres of land he donated.

I am sorry I can't help you, but good luck with your search.

Posted: 1388410244000
Hello Elayne

Neil Campbell of Sunipol and later Campbellfield was my great great grandfather's brother
per page

Find a board about a specific topic