Search for content in message boards

JAMES WALKER

JAMES WALKER

Posted: 1276751248000
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALKER, TUCKER
Looking for more info about James Walker. Born Nottingham, England in 1785. Married Esther Tucker in 1818 in Nottingham. Migrated to Australia in 1826 aboard John Barry as a private in the army. Children James, John, William, Joseph, Ann, Jane & Mary. Died in Glenorchy, Tasmania in 1835. I'm finding it hard to find any further info before him in England. email allyk1965@gmail.com Thanks

Re: JAMES WALKER

Posted: 1337061819000
Classification: Query
Hi, Sonda's mother here,Bronwyn .My partner & I are researching the Walker Family Tree.David is a direct Descendant of James Walker.David seems to think James was in the Militia prior to his leaving England for Tasmania as it was one of the requirements for enlistment in the Royal Veterans Militia This entry found on findmypast WALKER James 1785 Nottingham, Nottinghamshire WO96 Militia
(The other possibility is that James could have had a father also named James as they did back in those days who could also have been in the Military.)We found references to a Captain James Walker prior to 1785 in the 1781-1782 Musters in recruiting men for the Napoleonic Wars.This could be James' Father- who knows? All conjecture at the moment My email is du_mes_ad@hotmail.com Love to hear from you Cheers Bronwyn & David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic