John Terry of CT will of 1690

Replies: 1

John Terry of CT will of 1690

Posted: 943272000000
Classification: Will
Edited: 993400774000
Surnames: Terry, Wadsworth

Will of Lt. John Terry - April 18, 1690

The last Will & Testament of John Terry: I being weake in Body bur, having my understanding, I think it best to set in order that little which God hath left me as followeth: Item. I give my beloved son Stephen Terry my house & homestead and barn & half my land lying within the fence which I bought of Joseph Persons, with all my stock of cattell, horses, sheep & swine and household goods, with whatever Moveable Estate is truly mine, with half my Share in the Mills. This I give him on the Conditions following:
that is to say, he shall provide for & honourably mayntayne my beloved wife during the time of her natural life, & also pay as followeth: To my daughter Elizabeth £30 with what she hath already received, & to my daughters Sarah,Mary, & Abigail, £30 apiece, provided they live with their brother Stephen until they are married, & he shall provide for them during the time of their abode with him; but if either of my daughters goe from their brother Stephen without his free Consent before they be married, then he shall pay them But £20 that so leave hom; & my aforesaid son Stephen shall mayntayne & bring up all my Children decently. I give to my sons Samuel & John Terry all my lands not before mentioned, with half my share in the Mills. I Constitute my son Stephen Terry sole Executor. I appoint Mr. Edward Thompson and Lieut. Joseph Wadsworth my Overseers.

John Terry.
Witness: Samuel Wadsworth

John Wadsworth
Descendants of the Founders of Ancient Windsor Newsletter (12:3, Spring 1995).

John was married to Elizabeth Wadsworth.
Thanks to Mr.Steve Lawson for finding this and posting it
to his web page and allowing me to share.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LClugh5144 943272000000 
mombittner4 1490142716000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic