John Terry of CT will of 1690

Replies: 1

John Terry of CT will of 1690

Posted: 943272000000
Classification: Will
Edited: 993400774000
Surnames: Terry, Wadsworth

Will of Lt. John Terry - April 18, 1690

The last Will & Testament of John Terry: I being weake in Body bur, having my understanding, I think it best to set in order that little which God hath left me as followeth: Item. I give my beloved son Stephen Terry my house & homestead and barn & half my land lying within the fence which I bought of Joseph Persons, with all my stock of cattell, horses, sheep & swine and household goods, with whatever Moveable Estate is truly mine, with half my Share in the Mills. This I give him on the Conditions following:
that is to say, he shall provide for & honourably mayntayne my beloved wife during the time of her natural life, & also pay as followeth: To my daughter Elizabeth £30 with what she hath already received, & to my daughters Sarah,Mary, & Abigail, £30 apiece, provided they live with their brother Stephen until they are married, & he shall provide for them during the time of their abode with him; but if either of my daughters goe from their brother Stephen without his free Consent before they be married, then he shall pay them But £20 that so leave hom; & my aforesaid son Stephen shall mayntayne & bring up all my Children decently. I give to my sons Samuel & John Terry all my lands not before mentioned, with half my share in the Mills. I Constitute my son Stephen Terry sole Executor. I appoint Mr. Edward Thompson and Lieut. Joseph Wadsworth my Overseers.

John Terry.
Witness: Samuel Wadsworth

John Wadsworth
------------------------------------------------
Descendants of the Founders of Ancient Windsor Newsletter (12:3, Spring 1995).

John was married to Elizabeth Wadsworth.
Thanks to Mr.Steve Lawson for finding this and posting it
to his web page and allowing me to share.
11-22-1999

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LClugh5144 943272000000 
mombittner4 1490142716000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic